Monday, March 18, 2013

Laura's Explanation for the 80% St. Pats Day

I should clarify my opinion of the St. Pats Day Parade in Dublin. It was utterly fantastic. It is just surprising, coming from the over-consumeristic culture that I come from, that they weren't selling as much crap as I had expected.

Now Rome is another matter (I may even have goaded a post out of Sheila based on only our first night here!).

As you will see in my next post, our young lad has already purchased his first souvenier from Rome that is nearly as un-Italian as one can get, but really cool: a little flashlight that one can flash at, for example, incredible, ancient ruins, and make the flash move and spin and glitter little green gobs of goodness.

I'm going to recommend to the nice, honest and trustworthy streetvender that he purchase about 1000 of them next year and haul them up to O'Connell Street on the 17th of March and "hawk them for 15 quid."

Anyway, here's our authentic Irish woman's perspective of St. Pat's day:



Our friend Anne Marie offered to bring us over one of her "famous Baileys" for the St,. Pats (so we could have verified the above picture), but we were too exhausted and had to get ready for the trip to Rome. For those of you who know us, you know how exhausted we'd have to be to turn down socializing AND drink. Alas. She promised another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment